Campbell Biology Australian and New Zealand Version, 12th edition
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 1552
Published: 18th October 2021
Publisher: Pearson Education
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 28.5 x 23.8 x 6.2
Edition Number: 12
Edition Type: new
Setting the standard for excellence, accuracy, and innovation
Campbell Biology, 12th edition, Australian and New Zealand version delivers a trusted, accurate, current, and pedagogically innovative experience that guides students to a true understanding of biology.
The author team advances Neil Campbell's vision of meeting and equipping students at their individual skill levels by developing tools, visuals, resources, and activities that encourage participation and engage students in their learning.
Known for strategically integrating text and artwork, this trusted course solution works hand in hand with Mastering Biology to reinforce key concepts, build scientific skills, and promote active learning.
The 12th Edition meets demonstrated student needs with new student-centred features, a media-rich eText, and a fully revised assessment program.
Personalise learning with Mastering Biology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalises the learning experience and improves results for each student. Mastering Biology extends learning and provides students with a platform to practice, learn, and apply knowledge outside of the classroom.
Scaffolded content with a broad range of opportunities to apply and test learning:
- Chapter openers includes interviews with leading biologists from ANZ and around the world
- In chapter content includes 'Exploring' figures, Concept Checks, Visual Skills Exercises, Problem-solving exercises, Figure Walkthroughs, 'Make Connections' figures, Scientific Skills Exercises (SSE) and Inquiry Figures.
- End of chapter includes Summary of Key Concepts, Test Your Understanding and Synthesis/Evaluation features.
Make connections across multiple concepts and formats and methods:
- Make Connections Figures
- Make Connections Questions
- Make Connections Tutorials
Scientific skills development:
- Scientific Skills Exercises
- Problem-Solving Exercises
Innovation in assessment:
- Dynamic Study Modules
- Wrong-Answer Feedback
Guide students to a deeper understanding of biological structures, processes and functions:
- Figure Walkthroughs
Instructors save time and teach the toughest topics in General Biology:
- Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules
New to this edition
- Chapter Openers help students visualise and remember concepts as they move through each chapter
- Introduce each chapter and feature a question answered with a clear, simple image
- Each opener includes a Study Tip and highlights of interactive media in Mastering Biology.
- Visual Overview helps students start with the big picture.
- Study Tip provides an activity for students to help them organise and learn the information in the chapter.
- Four new Australian co-authors
- Join established and respected local author, Noel Meyers
- Broadens the subject matter expertise, teaching and learning experience and coverage of content based on their individual expertise and student focussed approach.
- Standalone Pearson eText
- Offered for the first time in a local Biology title
- Simple-to-use, mobile-optimised, personalised reading experience
- Allows students to easily highlight, take notes, and review vocabulary all in one place - even when offline.