Australian Anti-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Law 3rd edition
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 1088
Published: 27th February 2018
Publisher: Federation Press
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 23.5 x 15.9
Weight (kg): 1.68
Edition Number: 3
Edition Type: New edition
This new edition of Australia's most comprehensive book on anti-discrimination law has been fully revised and updated, re-written and reformatted to enhance its accessibility. It continues to offer both a substantial text for a specialist audience, and a powerful critique of anti-discrimination law in Australia.
The authors support their analysis and explanation of legislation and case law with carefully-selected extracts from a broad range of decisions, law reform reports, and academic writers and commentators.Key Features of the New EditionRevised introduction to and overview of Australian anti-discrimination law.
New stand alone chapters for Protected Attributes:
- Race Discrimination, Sex Discrimination, Disability Discrimination, Age Discrimination, Carers' Responsibilities and Other Protected Attributes.
- Detailed account of legislative reform and developments in case law, in all nine jurisdictions, up to late 2017.
- An account of changed complaints procedures under the Australian Human Rights Commission Act, and of the case law and public debate that triggered the changes.
- Comprehensive analysis of the operation of special measures provisions in all of the anti-discrimination statutes.
- Integrated discussion of the exceptions to the prohibition of discrimination for each attribute and in each area.