Statutory Interpretation 2nd edition
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 392
Published: 20th April 2017
Publisher: Oxford University Press ANZ
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 29.3 x 20.8 x 7
Weight (kg): 0.82
Edition Number: 2
Edition Type: Revised
Statutory Interpretation 2nd edition revitalises learning of statutory interpretation as a living, breathing and dynamic tool for understanding and applying the law.
The book is specifically designed to engage students with statutory interpretation and equip them with improved skills required for future legal practice.
It is structured to align with the length of a typical semester, and in addition to research and analysis of statutory interpretation rules and principles, Statutory Interpretation provides case scenarios and application exercises.
Chapter 14 A Synthesis: Practical Skills and Exercises has been designed as a consolidating chapter to which readers will repeatedly refer and contains a Statutory Interpretation Index (SII2) synthesising the books rules of statutory interpretation, a user-friendly flow diagram summarising statutory interpretation method, a worked example of its application, and a set of four practical exercises.
New to this edition
- Updated examples and case references
- Additional case exercises
- Expanded discussion on:principle of legality
- statutory discretions and obligations
- legislative intention in pre-native title legislation
- interpretive techniques including reading down, straining and reading inuse of international law in statutory interpretation
- New section of dominant and subordinate provisions