Law of International Business in Australasia 2nd edition
Number Of Pages: 624
Published: 2nd October 2019
Edition Number: 2
This book is the second edition of Robin Burnett’s and Vivienne Bath’s International Business Law in Australasia. This edition is written by Vivienne Bath and Gabriël Moens, with contributions from Luca Castellani. It updates the first edition’s analysis of the legal environment for international business in Australia and New Zealand. Like the first edition, it deals with the core topics of international business transactions, including international sales contracts, international commercial terms, carriage of goods by sea, land and air, international investment and intellectual property, regulation of imports and exports, and international commercial dispute settlement, especially arbitration.
It also reflects the changes in international law and practice arising from the growth in international trade and investment by:
- adding sections on the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts, the Lex Mercatoria, and revising the section on Incoterms 2010; updating material on carriage of goods by sea and air;
- including sections on Bank Payment Obligations (BPOs), the use of digital currencies as a method of payment, and Docdex;
- expanding coverage of domestic investment regimes and bilateral and plurilateral free trade and investment agreements, with a focus on the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP);
- dealing with additional legal aspects of the use of electronic transactions, including the recent UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Transferable Records; and
- substantially expanding the coverage of international commercial arbitration and investor-state arbitration and other methods of dispute resolution
This second, and revised, edition of International Business Law in Australasia will assist practitioners and students in their understanding of the legal and practical aspects of international and overseas trade and operations.