Managing and Organizations 5ed | An Introduction to Theory and Practice
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Format: Book with Other Items
Published: 4th March 2019
Publisher: Sage Publications Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 28.5 x 20 x 2.5
Weight (kg): 1.48
Edition Number: 5
Edition Type: Revised
A realist's guide to management, the authors capture the complex life of organizations, providing not only an account of theories, but also an introduction to their practice with examples from everyday life and culture discussing the key themes and debates along the way.
Used by nearly 50,000 students and tutors worldwide, Managing and Organizations has been praised for its breadth, innovative content and application to real life. Along with its full coverage of all the essential topics of organizational behavior, the book offers a critical perspective that gives the reader the tools to question dominant assumptions about organizations.
New to this edition:
- A new chapter structure to create a clearer, elegant chapter navigation for students.
- Chapters have now been streamlined and pulled back to no more than 15,000 words each
- New and up to date global cases and examples to engage students (Including Netflix, the Crown, Trump and North Korea).
- Updated and fully integrated Interactive eBook which offers a dynamic learning experience for students.
- Definitions in margins to support Business and Management learners who do not have English as a first language
- Updated online resources and new author videos.
The book is supported by online resources for both instructors and students, including chapter-specific PowerPoint slides, an instructor manual, test bank, additional case studies articles for lecturers, multiple choice questions, SAGE journal articles, flashcards and relevant web links.
Students get a free interactive eBook with every purchase of the print copy.
For students studying Organisational Behaviour, Managing People in Organisations and Introductory Management courses.