Corporate Governance 4ed Principles, Policies, and Practices
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 568
Published: 20th June 2019
Publisher: Oxford University Press UK
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 24.13 x 19.05 x 3.18
Weight (kg): 0.96
Edition Number: 4
Edition Type: Revised
From the 'father of corporate governance' comes the new edition of this bestselling text, designed to equip students with a sound understanding of the frameworks that govern organisations. Corporate Governance, fourth edition, offers a comprehensive coverage of key principles combined with a strong practical focus through a clear, three-part structure.
This book provides a new focus for understanding corporate governance that goes far beyond the regulations, rules, and voluntary codes: it has a new emphasis throughout on culture. For the first time, a distinction is drawn between Western and Eastern perceptions of corporate governance, and new cases from China (including Huawei) further support this new approach.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Fully updated in light of the UK Corporate Governance Code (2018) and the World Economic Forum risk survey (2018)
- New coverage of non-listed entities—not-for-profits, cooperatives, and charities—to reflect the growing diversity of organisations
- Discussions of additional non-Western models such as the Keiretsu and Chaebol models used in Japan and South Korea, respectively
- New case studies including organisations such as Huawei, the NHS, and Unilever
- Increased coverage of board diversity, culture, corporate transparency, sustainability and business ethics, cyber risk, and digitisation.