Exercise Physiology: 9th Edition - Nutrition, Energy, and Human Performance
Number Of Pages: 1176
Published: 30th September 2022
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.6 x 21.3 x 5.08
Weight (kg): 2.97
Edition Number: 9
Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2022!
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Join the nearly half a million students who have built a solid foundation in the scientific principles underlying modern exercise physiology with this trusted, trendsetting text. Exercise Physiology: Nutrition, Energy, and Human Performance, 9th Edition, presents a research-centric approach in a vibrant, engaging design to make complex topics accessible and deliver a comprehensive understanding of how nutrition, energy transfer, and exercise training affect human performance. The extensively updated 9th Edition reflects the latest advances in the field as well as a rich contextual perspective to ensure readiness for today’s clinical challenges.
- Master the latest research findings and practical applications in exercise physiology and related fields with updated content throughout.
- Maximize your study time and find information easily with the vibrant, magazine-style design.
- Reinforce your understanding with Chapter Objectives, detailed figures and tables, and quick reference FYI sections.
- Hone your critical thinking skills with open-ended Integrative Questions.
- Quickly locate relevant learning aids for mastering each section of the text with an Ancillaries at-a-Glance guide.
- Learn how theoretical concepts relate to practical skills through In a Practical Sense features.
- Strengthen your grasp of key terms and concepts with Key Terms and Additional References.
- Access dozens of detailed animations and videos, complete references, and other digital resources with ease.
Lippincott® Connect features:
- Full access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, audio and video tutorials, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott® Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
About the Authors
Frank I. Katch
Retired Professor of Exercise Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
Victor L. Katch
Professor, Department of Movement Science, Division of Kinesiology, Associate Professor, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI