Gerontological Nursing ANZ | A Holistic Approach to the Care of Older People
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 460
Published: 6th April 2021
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 23.5 x 19.5 x 2.5
Weight (kg): 0.75
Edition Number: 1
This first edition Australian text aligns nursing care principles and practice to the unique requirements of older people.
Written by leading academics and clinicians, Gerontological Nursing: A holistic approach to the care of older people covers the essential skills of gerontological care with a focus on chronic diseases, neurocognitive disorders, mental health, quality of life and healthy ageing, palliative care and bereavement, safety issues, and the role of the caregiver.
As nurses play an ever more critical role in supporting the needs of an ageing population, this essential text will enable nursing students to navigate the complexities of older people's healthcare, promote healthy ageing, and help people to live well.
- End of chapter practice scenarios with questions
- Tips for best practice
- Focus on contemporary models of care and clinical governance
- Inclusion of most common chronic diseases affecting older adults including dementia, depression and delirium
- Dedicated chapter on Safety and Security
- Expert contributors from multiple Australian and New Zealand universities
- Aligned to the Australian Aged Care Quality Standards as well as international standards and guidelines
- An eBook included in all print purchases
Additional resources on Evolve
- eBook on VitalSource