Horngren's Cost Accounting A Managerial Emphasis + MyLab Accounting with eText
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Format: Book with Other Items
Published: 14th December 2017
Publisher: Pearson Education
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 27.8 x 22.3 x 3.2
Edition Number: 3
This pack contains 1 copy of Horngren's Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis + 1 printed access card to MyLab Accounting with eText.
Contemporary management accounting with Australian examples to bring the content alive for students.
This edition prepares students for the rewards and challenges they might face in professional management accounting world through the development of analytical skills, values and behaviours that make management accountants effective in the workplace.
It provides a decision-making framework and demonstrates how the analytical tools that students will learn prepare them to contribute to an organisation's success.
Maintaining an Australian flavour within a global context it focuses on how management accounting helps managers to make better decisions.
- Learning objectives open each chapter and outline the key concepts to be covered. They are then signposted in the margins to indicate where a particular objective is covered.
- Decision points are included throughout the chapters so that students can check their progress towards achieving the learning objectives.
- Framework for decision making in the form of a five-step guide to decisions features in chapter 1 and in most of the subsequent chapters. It illustrates the way in which managers might use management accounting information for various decisions
- Real company vignettes open each chapter. The vignettes engage the reader in a business situation, or a dilemma, illustrating why and how the concepts in the chapter are relevant in business.
- Concepts in action features cover real-world cost accounting issues across a variety of industries in Australia and internationally
- Sustainability in action features occur in most chapters and show how integral sustainability issues are to cost and management accounting.
- Try it interactive questions give students the opportunity to apply a concept they have just learned. Solutions are given at the end of each chapter
MyLab Accounting will engage students and allow them to test their understanding while developing their problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
My Lab Accounting is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
New to this edition
- Revised chapter sequence with improved coverage of costing in the service industry
- New vignettes and Concepts in Action features cover real-world cost accounting issues and dilemmas
- New and revised end-of-chapter questions, exercises and problems