Perspectives on Athlete-Centred Coaching
Number Of Pages: 224
Published: 11th December 2017
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 22.86 x 15.24 x 1.27
Weight (kg): 0.34
Underpinned by a philosophy of empowerment, athlete-centred approaches to coaching are defined by a style that promotes learning through ownership, responsibility, initiative and awareness. Perspectives on Athlete-Centred Coaching offers an in-depth theoretical examination of player-focused coaching models, and provides professional guidance for practising coaches.
Written by a cast of world-leading scholars and practitioners, and offering a breadth of approaches to, and critiques of, the application of athlete-centred coaching, the book covers topics including:
- athlete-centred coaching and holistic development
- coaching tactical creativity
- athlete-centred coaching in disability sport
- team culture and athlete-centred coaching
- developing thinking players through Game Sense coaching
- supporting athlete wellbeing
- athlete-centred coaching and Teaching Games for Understanding
- athlete-centred coaching in masters sport.
Based on the latest research and offering the most comprehensive enquiry into this central area of coaching theory, Perspectives on Athlete-Centred Coaching is important reading for any students and lecturers of sports coaching or physical education, and practising coaches across any sport.