Research Methods and Evidence-based Practice 4th edition
Audience: Tertiary; University or College
Number Of Pages: 520
Published: 12th October 2021
Publisher: Oxford University Press ANZ
Country of Publication: GB
Dimensions (cm): 25 x 19 x 3.5
Weight (kg): 0.83
Edition Number: 4
Learn the foundations to becoming an evidence-based health practitioner.
Research Methods and Evidence-based Practice introduces students to various research techniques they can use throughout their degree and into a range of health settings. It teaches qualitative and quantitative research methods of finding evidence to help students make informed decisions in their practice and for their clients.
This new edition has been updated to reflect the increasing importance of evidence-based practice. It questions what type of evidence we need in health-care practice and explains how a research approach can help acquire the most suitable evidence for the situation. This book also addresses timely changes in conducting research, including internet and social-media research, research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and making sense of research data in a meaningful way.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Five new chapters highlight the increasing importance of evidence-based practice:
Chapter 1: Introducing Evidence-based Practice in Health Care
Chapter 4: Ethics in Health Research
Chapter 14: Mixed Methods and Evidence-based Health Care
Chapter 15: Internet and Social Media as Research Tools for Evidence-based Practice
Chapter 16: Research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- A stronger focus on data analysis and interpretation.
- Updated Stop and Think boxes enable students to practise their research skills to generate evidence and critically reflect on their own responses to important issues discussed.
- Updated Practice Exercises encourage students to translate theory into practice.
- Updated Research in Practice boxes provide real-world examples that demonstrate how research can be applied to clinical practice in health care.