ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription 11th Edition
Series: American College of Sports Medicine
Number Of Pages: 1
Published: 29th April 2021
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins USA
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 20.3 x 12.7 x 2.54
Weight (kg): 0.55
Edition Number: 11
The flagship title from the prestigious American College of Sports Medicine, this critical text delivers scientifically based, evidence-informed standards to prepare you for success.
Providing succinct summaries of recommended procedures for effective exercise testing and prescription, this critical handbook from the prestigious American College of Sports Medicine delivers scientifically based, evidence-informed standards to prepare you for success. This Eleventh Edition is the essential resource in sports medicine, exercise science, and health and fitness.
New to the Eleventh Edition:
- NEW! Chapter familiarizes you with the role of exercise in treating conditions that affect the brain.
- UPDATED to align with the most recent recommendations, including the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
- FITT (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) boxes make locating critical exercise prescription information quick and easy.
- Revised appendices integrate valuable information on ECG interpretation, common medications, and metabolic calculations.
- Additional boxes, tables, and figures highlight important concepts and approaches at a glance.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more.