Kinesiology | The Mechanics and Pathomechanics of Human Movement 3rd Edition
Number Of Pages: 1032
Published: 15th January 2016
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins USA
Country of Publication: US
Dimensions (cm): 27.94 x 21.59 x 4.45
Weight (kg): 2.36
Edition Number: 3
Edition Type: Revised
Equip your students with the knowledge they need to be effective physical therapists with the updated Third Edition of Kinesiology: The Mechanics and Pathomechanics of Human Movement.
Now in vibrant full color, the Third Edition provides a clinical, applied look at anatomy and mechanics that reflects the latest research findings and the most current developments in the field. As your students move through the text, they don’t just learn the principles of motion; they learn how these principles apply to patient care. New Thought Problems with critical thinking exercises ask students to think through the types of decisions they will be making as physical therapy professionals.
- Clinical applications throughout the book apply fundamental concepts to patient situations.
- More than 900 full color illustrations clarify key structures.
- Clinical Relevance boxes reinforce the relationship of biomechanical principles to patient care through real-life case studies.
- Muscle Attachment boxes provide muscle innervation and attachment information, as well as palpation strategies.
- Examining the Forces boxes explain and highlight the more advanced mathematical concepts underlying kinesiology.
- Evidence-based coverage shows the validity behind various treatment techniques.
- A range of dynamic online videos demonstrate key concepts and techniques.
- An accompanying lab manual includes chapter-by-chapter questions and activities for exploration.
- Clinical Bottom Lines at the end of the Clinical Relevance boxes reinforce the principle illustrated.
- Thought Problems include critical thinking exercises that emphasize practical applications.
- A vibrant, full color design enhances text navigation and makes artwork clearer and easier to understand.